Singapore Airlines T&Cs
Singapore Airlines T&Cs
1.1 The prize consists of 2 x return Economy Class flights from Wellington to Singapore on Singapore Airlines (SQ292/291)
2.1 The provision of air travel tickets is subject to the following conditions:
2.1.1 The issuance of tickets is subject to seat availability.
2.1.2 Flights cannot be taken during peak travel periods between 01 December 2017 and 15 January 2018.
2.1.3 Prizewinner must pay all airport taxes and other surcharges – including fuel surcharge – where applicable.
2.1.4 Excess baggage waiver will not be granted.
2.1.5 Economy Class tickets are not upgradeable to Business Class unless the traveller wishes to do so at their own expense.
2.1.6 The tickets will only be issued if all sectors are confirmed.
2.1.7 Prizewinner is responsible for any costs incurred in transporting passengers to or from their selected airport of departure.
2.2 Once the tickets are issued, requests to change passenger names and/or travelling sectors made two working days or less before the date of travel will be subject to SIA’s approval.
3.2.1 If any change is approved, a charge of NZD75.00 per change will be levied per change.
2.3 Notwithstanding any validity date on the ticket, all travel on tickets issued must be utilised in full between 01 October 2017 and 31 March 2018.
3. General Conditions of Travel
3.1 Travel is restricted to Singapore Airlines operated services only.
3.2 Travellers are expected to observe the following conditions as part of the utilisation of travel:
3.2.1 Be neatly and appropriately attired when travelling;
3.2.2 Not carry, on their person, in their luggage or carry-on baggage, any contraband or goods which are prohibited by the laws of Singapore or the country of their final destination, or goods which are unsuitable for carriage on a commercial aircraft;
3.2.3 Observe all directions of SIA’s ground staff and air crew at all times;
3.2.4 Comply with the requirements of immigration and customs authorities in each country, including valid visa/passport documentation as required;
3.2.5 Comply with the laws of the jurisdiction they are visiting.
3.3 Frequent Flyer mileage cannot be accrued on prizewinner tickets
3.4 Charges for excess baggage shall apply where a passenger seeks to carry more than their entitlement of luggage. In such cases, SIA will not be liable for any charges incurred by the passenger.
3.5 Tickets are valid for the period specified on the ticket. Unused travel at the expiry of the validity period cannot be refunded or re-utilised. Once a journey commences (i.e. the point at which the first flight coupon is redeemed for travel), the utilisation of the commitment for free tickets is deemed to have been made against the provision stated above.
3.6 Travel is not convertible to cash and does not include any departure, airport and Government taxes and charges, which remain the responsibility of prizewinner/traveller.
3.7 SIA reserves its right to impose particular flight embargoes during periods of heavy demand as is required commercially from time to time.
3.8 Travellers must hold valid passports with a minimum of 6 months validity at time of travel. Travellers must organise their own visas and requisite travel documentation (such as relevant valid international drivers’ licenses) for trips and any visa or passport charges are their sole responsibility. SIA cannot be held responsible for the traveller being unable to participate in the travel due to visa or other restrictions. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such travel documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s. At all times, it will be the responsibility of the traveller to ensure that his/her passport is in order and that he/she has the necessary visa clearances to enter the country of destination and, if required, any transit point.
3.9 In the event of a missed connection resulting from a flight delay, passengers will be rebooked on the next available Singapore Airlines operated flight to the same destination. In such cases, SIA will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred and/or the cost of alternate travel arrangements (i.e. outside of SIA operated flights) made by passengers as a result of the delay.
3.10 Tickets are not transferable and must be issued only in the correct name of the persons travelling.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Promotion: Your entry into and participation in any Facebook Competition communicated via any post on the Garage Project Facebook page (Competition Post) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which includes any information on how to enter and prizes.
2. Who can enter? Entry is open to residents of New Zealand. You are not eligible to enter if you are an employee of the Promoter or its related corporations or agencies, or a member of an employee’s immediate family.
3. Promotional Period: Each promotion will commence with a Competition Post and will finish when the prize draw is complete and winner(s) announced (‘Promotional Period’).
4. How to enter? To enter any Promotion and be eligible to win, you must, during the Promotional Period, follow the instructions set out in the Competition Post. You are not permitted to use any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows you to automatically enter, or enter repeatedly and you are responsible for any associated costs such as internet access.
5. Prize draws: Prize draws will be held at the time stipulated in the Competition Post. Winners will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries or selected based on the criteria provided in the Competition Post. Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash, unless otherwise set out in the Competition Post.
6. Notification to winner(s): Winners will be contacted by messaging them through the newsfeed of the Garage Project Facebook page. The winner(s) name(s) will also be published to the Garage Project Facebook page.
7. Accepting the prize: Following the Facebook announcement, winners will need to send a Facebook private message to the Garage Project Facebook page with the winner’s contact details. This will enable the Promoter to supply their prize and will be deemed to be acceptance of the Prize. If the winner does not accept the prize within seven (7) days of being notified, the prize will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to award any forfeited prize to another eligible entrant. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian.
8. Your entry: You promise and warrant that all the details submitted with your entry are true and correct, and, if you post or upload a photo or written response:
a. you have all of the necessary rights, consents and licences to grant the rights to the Promoter as set out in these Terms and Conditions;
b. your entry is original, solely your own and has not been communicated to the public before;
c. your entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; and
d. the exercise of any rights granted by you to the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter, including any communication of your entry to the public.
9. Licence: By submitting your entry, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a perpetual, world-wide, royalty free, licence to exercise all rights (including intellectual property and privacy rights) to your entry and any other material provided by you to the Promoter in relation to the Promotion at any time. You consent to your entry being edited or adapted or modified at any time and in any manner by the Promoter or its agents, licensees and assignees.
10. Receipt of entries: Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this promotion will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or incorrectly submitted entries. Entries are deemed to be submitted at the time of receipt by the Promoter or its agents.
11. Facebook terms: Entry into the promotion is dependent on you following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at: www.facebook.com/terms.php. Please note that you do not have to tag your friends or share any content on your page or a friend’s page as part of any entry.
13. Promoter’s rights: The Promoter reserves the right to:
a. provide an alternative prize of equal monetary value in the event that a prize or any part of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control;
b. disallow entries in its absolute discretion;
c. verify the validity of entries and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where dishonest or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion;
d. to terminate this promotion or amend any aspect of this promotion (including the prize) without notice at any time in its sole discretion in the event that this promotion or any aspect of this promotion cannot be reasonably conducted as planned;
e. enforce any of its rights at any stage and failure to do so does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. Exclusion: The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is or may be suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is or may be suffered or sustained, in connection with participation in the promotion or accepting any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. Indemnity: As a condition of participating in a promotion, the winner indemnifies the Promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with that promotion against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees on a solicitor and client basis) which the Promoter may incur arising out of the winner’s participation in the promotion and/or participation in a prize, howsoever caused.
16. Publicity: By entering the draw or accepting a prize you consent to the use of your name, likeness, image or voice in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting any products manufactured, supplied or distributed by the Promoter.
18. Your personal information: A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at their address set out below.